What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ordering engine and prop thru Van's

Glen P

Hi

I'm just about ready to order an engine and prop from Van's. For my previous orders I've had things shipped to Niagara Falls, NY, and picked them up there. With the present border situation (and so that I don't have to get help from friends in these COVID-19 times) I'm inclined to have both items shipped to my hangar at Oshawa Airport. It looks to me like the engine comes directly from Lycoming and the (Hartzell) prop via Van's. Have any of you Canadians received a Lycoming engine in Canada? A Hartzell prop? Any shipping or customs issues?

Thanks

I think prop comes direct from hartzell as well.

I just had my QB kit sent directly to me in Canada. Got a broker. It was seamless.

I ordered my engine and prop and will decide at time of shipping where to have it shipped.

Hi

I'm just about ready to order an engine and prop from Van's. For my previous orders I've had things shipped to Niagara Falls, NY, and picked them up there. With the present border situation (and so that I don't have to get help from friends in these COVID-19 times) I'm inclined to have both items shipped to my hangar at Oshawa Airport. It looks to me like the engine comes directly from Lycoming and the (Hartzell) prop via Van's. Have any of you Canadians received a Lycoming engine in Canada? A Hartzell prop? Any shipping or customs issues?

Thanks

My Hartzell prop ordered through Vans was shipped from Ohio.

+1 on Broker

Ordered the finishing from Van's to my hangar in Quebec.
Got a broker, was a breaze and worth the money!!! :cool:

Back