What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New MT Prop

no7rosman

Hello - I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new MT 3 blade prop part number PROP MTV12B/183-59B.

My 9A has an O360 currently running a FP.

Just curious to hear from anyone with the same setup.
Also curious to hear opinions about the P860 governor from MT.

Thanks,
Ross

We have that on our 7, been running sweet for 10 years now. Had a low use inspection at 6 years, no issues. Governor is same.

Pulls really hard on takeoff, cruises very smoothly.

Can decelerate a bit quick, so we always land with prop out at 2300 where we were cruising. Still loads of power available for a missed.

You will not regret it !

I couldn't be more pleased with mine installed on a -7 with IO-360-M1B. Outstanding performance, durable and really smooooth! No required maintenance between overhauls other than a visual inspection. Since the complete spinner assy. is included, installation is a snap-bolt it on, safety wire and you're done.
MT governor has also been trouble free.

Last edited:
Good news! Thank you. Installation will be a bit tougher since I am converting from FP, but shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks again!

Get the prop omgomulator wrench from Allan at Anti Splat. Makes install and torque a cinch, but watch his video because a load of carp is talked about offset torquing. He explains it correctly and simply.

I have the same prop and governor setup. One exception, I'm running it on a Thunderbolt 390. I would echo what everyone else wrote. Smooth and trouble free. I doubt you would be disappointed.

Last edited:
Offset torquing

Get the prop omgomulator wrench from Allan at Anti Splat. Makes install and torque a cinch, but watch his video because a load of carp is talked about offset torquing. He explains it correctly and simply.

Mike - I watched that video from anti-splat and didn't hear him mention offset torquing.

What is the rule?

Can only echo the positive comments made above, very pleased myself :)
Still running a P-420 governor, exchange P-860 on order...

Saw a quote for the six-year recommened overhaul -- Wow!

Close to 5 AMUs! ---- but a very nice looking prop on my buddy's -7A!

Ron

Back