What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tru track EFIS

pokey

All
I must have purchased the last tru track EFIS/EMS system they made and it is now no longer supported. I need a new fuel pressure transducer for my carb engine o320 RV4. Since the factory does not support this system anymore.... any ideas on where to turn next? Perhaps Dynon has something compatible. Thoughts and ideas appreciated.
Regards,
Bill

Last edited:
TruTrak will not have used a proprietary sensor - it just costs too much money to develop and manufacture custom sensors.

Post a photo of the sensor here. I'll bet it will take about 30 seconds for one of the wise folks here to visually identify the make and model of the transducer.

Note - take a few minutes to do some searches here. Look for terms like "VDO" and "Kavlico" as sensor manufacturers.

Also, browse the Aircraft Spruce on-line catalog using the same search terms - see if any of the photos of sensors look familiar. Here's one example.
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/vdoprsrsndr-360-043.php?clickkey=24041

Pokey, I'm looking at one of my Trutrak manuals. The sender looks like an automotive type VDO sender. The pressure range is 0 to 80psi. 1/8-27 NPT. There are 2 electrical terminals. There is a restrictor hole at the port.

Amazon part number VDO 36009 ($47.05) appears to be identical. John

Pokey,

Many of the VDO senders look alike. There should be numbers stamped on the wrench flats near the threads. They should be of the form X/X or XX/XX or something similar. Google VDO -catalog and you will find the complete listing of all senders (page 56 in my copy). The numbers will identify the exact sender part number you need.

If you need help, PM me the numbers off the sender.

Jim Butcher

Senders for Trutrak

I've never had to replace the fuel pressure sender for my Trutrak EFIS, but I did replace the carb temp sender and just ordered an oil temp sender. Both of these are manufactured by Westach and are available from Aircraft Spruce. The oil temp sender is the 5/8" version for Lycoming/Continental with 48" leads. Part number is 399S9. As has been stated, I think all the senders are available from either Spruce or Chief. John

Numbers on wrench flats

I had the cowl off my 6A today and checked the numbers on the wrench flats of my fuel pressure sensor that Jim was talking about. Looks like 32/25 on my fuel pressure sensor. The top of the sensor says, VDO and Made in Germany. (Could the numbers refer to metric units?)

Not sure where the oil pressure sensor for Trutrak can be found. Mine has a label on it, but the printing has totally faded. John

That is VDO # 360043, 30 psi 1/8 NPT. Looks like they are available from several sources for $50.

Jim Butcher

Back