What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Analysis Software

Bill.Peyton

Well Known Member
Does anyone know of either Garmin or 3rd party software that will graph and summarize the data that the G3X system outputs in the .CSV format. And yes, I know that you can view it and create your own graphs in excel. I looked at EGtrends, but it does not accept the G3X format.

I am sure Matt/Steve will be responding. Steve put me on to http://cirrusreports.com/ which is really an awesome application. I keep a SD memory card in my G3X all the time. Every few days I swap out the SD Card with a spare and take it home to upload to CirrusReports. It archives all flights so you can go back and look any of the monitored parameters. Spend some time playing with it and you will love it.

It uses the native Garmin format. After you configure for your airplane just put your SD card in the card slot on your computer and click on "Upload Logfile."

Configure.png

Flight.png

G3X Flight Logbook

Bill,

Steve did such a great job of explaining this feature that I don't have much to add. There is absolutely no re-formatting of the data required since it shares a similar format to what is used in thousands of G1000 aircraft.

Here is a link to the original posting describing how to use cirrusreports.com for those interested in reading a little more about it.

One tip. If you turn your avionics on/off on the ground for some reason you can end up with a "zero length" flight logged to the SD card. When you upload your flights to cirrusreports.com you can either skip those small files and don't upload them or once you have it loaded into your flight log you can click on (Edit) on the right hand side of the flight list and delete that "flight". I see that Steve has a couple of these zero length flights in his logbook that are easily deleted.

Thanks,
Steve

What a nice tool. After I selected G1000 it uploaded it fine. I was trying to use the G900 and it would not complete the upload. The best part was playing back my first flight!

There is also a free tool available for download on the Garmin website that allows you to take a log file generated by a G3X, G900X, or G1000 system and export it to Google Earth. It can be fun to see your flight path in 3D!

Garmin Flight Log Conversion Tool

- Matt

Cirrusreports Not accepting uploads

Is anybody else experience this problem? I am getting a message when I try to upload my files that says "unable to accept uploads at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience"

Dave

Is anybody else experience this problem? I am getting a message when I try to upload my files that says "unable to accept uploads at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience"

Dave

I haven't used Cirrus Reports in a while.

Garmin released a completly revamped logbook on the flygarmin web site a few months ago.

I didn't see any announcement, or anything about this, but it is really nice. It does everything cirrus reports does, plus some additional tracking, and it is part of your logbook if you use the Garmin web site.

-Dan

Back