What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Your best or most awesome picture of your RV sitting on the ground"

RV8

2d14cz.jpg

Bandit in the grass...

I’d like to start this post as:

Let us see Your Best or most Awesome Picture of an RV sitting on the GROUND"

Get creative and use MOTHER NATURE as your background.

I know there are many talented photographers out there!!!!!!! Let's see if we can come up with some really COOL and unique PHOTOS that are not like what were seeing day in and day out.

My Favorite...

My RV4 The Bandit Idaho backcountry circa 1999

Last edited:
What was it like to land on the sand with the small tires on your RV 7?

Hard sand is the nicest landing surface anywhere -- feels like landing on a cloud.

Problem is, knowing that it really is hard sand, not soft-ish hard sand that you could dig into. Best would be to ground-truth it or have someone with big tires go before. But in all honesty there's no getting around the fact that landing on a beach is an elevated risk sort of thing.

Well I have 2 favorites. First one sitting at home and the second at a friends with friends.

Last edited:
Took this one yesterday on the ramp at Goodland, Kansas. Popped over there for fun yesterday morning.

IMG_4446-XL.jpg

IMG_8707_zpsnliogw7q.jpg

My 'most awesome" so far...only been flying for a month and am only part-way through an initial polishing attempt.

How about multiple RV's?

Mine on the left, Rush McKelvey's -8 in the back, and an older RV now hanging in the EAA museum. Bill Griffin happened by in his Legend Cub at just the right time. Photo credit Dave Ramsey.

RV1%20and%20RV8s%20resized1000.jpg

Last edited:
3A-8MOArmsl9Cxa7e9Y0b61nQNyKThRFo6Dcz2BOs_MVuqdJ9Z475o7Ku5HjOgnKcK6jiytN65pTf_Tpl-UehC3yBD-l0S_vsfNjm8lfYt3pDtlZY8IEaw6v1-MTWditxPoZAg

Shot shortly after coming home from the paint shop.

The picture was taken from the deck in front of the Wings of Carolina Flying Club at KTTA.

Sun N Fun Pic

spinner-small.jpg

Sun N Fun 2016...was camping in the home built area, hiding from the hot sun under the spinner of my RV7.

Last edited:
Back