What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sky Designs Airfoil Gear Retrofit (flying airplane)

Hula Girl - Bruce Eicher's RV-8 - was the prototype installation. The install instructions cover retrofitting our airfoil gear so you're covered!

We have non-polished gear leg kits in-stock and if you want polished, that's only a few days turn-around.

Thanks Ken! I got your email last night and read through the install. Seems straight forward. I will be ordering soon.

Your US Army-inspired paint scheme looks great. Thanks for posting the photo and can't wait to see a pic of the finished plane and read about your first flight!

Your US Army-inspired paint scheme looks great. Thanks for posting the photo and can't wait to see a pic of the finished plane and read about your first flight!

Thanks Ken! The top notch design and attention to detail made the installation pretty easy.

The paint scheme is from a group of 3 P-51D's the the US Army used in the late 1960's as chase planes during the flight testing of the Lockheed YAH-56 Cheyenne Attach Helicopter program. There are only a few pictures of the these aircraft with the Army paint. We used modern colors on our plane.

I will post more pictures as soon as we finish up.

Woah! I didn't realize Ken was doing RV-8 stuff! That's awesome. Even more motivation for me to re-kindle my long-dormant build.

Please don't ask me to count the years since I finished off the fuel tanks :(

Back