What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Throttle/prop quadrant

agent4573

Well Known Member
Does anyone make a 2 lever throttle/prop quadrant instead of the standard throttle/mixture? I've got an email into blake at flyboys to see if they can help but with more EFI systems that don't require a mixture knob, is anyone making quadrants to support this setup yet?

Does anyone make a 2 lever throttle/prop quadrant instead of the standard throttle/mixture? I've got an email into blake at flyboys to see if they can help but with more EFI systems that don't require a mixture knob, is anyone making quadrants to support this setup yet?

Already emailed Flyboys on the same deal. They told me to pound sand a few years ago when EFI was becoming mainstream. I took one of their units, chopped the mixture knob off and got it powder coated. This allowed me to keep the friction function that some of their other models don’t include. Took some work, but worth it in the end.

I figured I could repaint the knob from red to blue, my issue was the engraved face plate that would have to be milled down to remove the lettering or covered up. Since one of these is going on the right side, the throttle lettering would have to be reversed on that side as well to have it labelled correctly.

On my first plane I used the three lever quadrant even though I had a FP prop (huge mistake but that is another story). I used the prop lever to control the oil air butterfly valve.

The upside was when I dumped the FP prop the right quadrant was already in the plane.

Carl

I had the same issue. I have the 3 lever flat top throttle quadrant. I removed the mixture lever and moved the prop lever to it's location. I used two washer for spacing where the prop was before.

I had Engravers.com make me a black lexan plate with just Throttle and Prop. The lexan plate is very thin and comes with a peel off sticker on the back. I bet if you call them and gave them my name they probably still have the template on file.

That looks like almost exactly what I need. I don't know if I have the extra 0.5" width the 3 lever requires vs the 2, but once I get em installed I can easily make up a template like that and send it to engravers. Thanks.

DJM Mfg Throttle Quadrants

Hi All
After talking with Blake and others I have decided to make some more of the FADAC quadrants.

Dayton Murdock

Hi All
After talking with Blake and others I have decided to make some more of the FADAC quadrants.

Dayton Murdock

Got that email from Blake earlier today. Great news. What are the chances I can special order a left and a right version in the next production run?

2 lever quadrant

I have a 2 lever Throttle & Prop only quadrant from Dayton.
Top notch & Top class !!! :cool::cool:

That is awesome news! I have been waiting for a center mount 2 lever with throttle and prop control. Any time frame on production?

Back