What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-14 in Portland, OR area

jcbarker

Well Known Member
Hi All,

Repeat offender here. Built an 8. Sold it :( now I'm looking at the 14. My wife and I enjoyed the 8 but it was a little small for traveling with luggage for two. The 10 is more airplane than we need sooo... Since Van's is closed to the public still, we are looking for anyone with a completed 14 in the Portland, OR area (anywhere in Oregon or Washington really) that would let us come take a look. Maybe sit in the cockpit and make airplane noises? My wife needs to make sure she can get in and out easier than the 8.

Thanks,

John

Not anywhere close to OR

John,

I installed the steps on my -14 and my 5?2? wife has no problems getting in or out now. Plenty of hand-holds...I would guess a -7 would be a similar process if one of those is available nearby. And there is a TON of luggage space.

If Mike Seeger is around he might have the -14 out at his place in Vernonia. I would think Vans could tell you that.

If she was OK with the -8 I would think she would love the -14. It?s a very comfortable traveling machine.

James,
Thanks for the idea. I'll give Mike a call. I did my transition training with Mike. Good guy. Great instructor.
John

Back