What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kit back orders

Bsquared

Well Known Member
Has anyone received a 14A FWF kit in the last few weeks and can you tell me what was missing? The mothership is shipping mine this week minus some back orders but not detailing exactly what will be missing yet. I know there have been issues with exhaust components and engine isolation mounts previously. I am still waiting on my NLG strut parts from my finish kit.....3 months and counting. Not upset.....part of it is surely COVID related and there are supply chain issues throughout the aerospace industry.

I ordered my -14A FWF kit on April 8 and I picked it up on April 24. The sniffle valve, prop governor, and throttle/mixture cable attach kit were back ordered. Those items shipped on May 21. The standard engine mounts were back ordered when I originally placed my order in early April. But I upgraded to Lord mounts, which were in stock.

I am building a -7A so this may not apply but I have been waiting on my baffle kit for a few weeks now. I was told they are waiting on raw stock to finish the last couple of items.

We ordered our fwf kit the first of March, the isolators were back ordered so we deleted those but still waiting for the exhaust system with no word on when we can expect it.
Kerry

We ordered our fwf kit the first of March, the isolators were back ordered so we deleted those but still waiting for the exhaust system with no word on when we can expect it.
Kerry

Where did you end up sourcing your isolators?

Got mine last week. Many small back order items...the big ones were baffling and exhaust. I ordered the exhaust from Vetterman but the baffling is either wait or create your own.

wishing

wishing I was making fast enough progress where this was an issue.
Count your blessings bestowed upon you by the builder gods.

Got mine last week. Many small back order items...the big ones were baffling and exhaust. I ordered the exhaust from Vetterman but the baffling is either wait or create your own.

Can you tell me what the lead time is for your vetterman exhaust?

Back