What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil Dipstick gasket replacement

sbrody

I'm New Here
The gasket on my oil dipstick has deteriorated. Can it be replaced with a plain rubber gasket or is it a specialized item? The remnant has a groove that it fit on the cap with but that may just be there from use. Purchased RV8, not a builder. Thanks.

Okay. So while reading your opening post I was thinking you are asking about the actual dipstick gasket, the O-ring under the dipstick cap. But now folks are directing you towards an oil filler tube gasket thread.

Now I have to re-assess. Are you asking about he dipstick cap O-ring or the oil filler tube the dipstick screws down upon?

If it's the dipstick cap gasket it is an O-ring is Lycoming part number 74068. The REAL gasket company makes a red silicon type which seems to last longer. And there isn't anything too special about the O-ring as long as it's petroleum resistant like the MS25913 series O-rings.

If you were in fact asking about the oil filler tube gasket then see the link in the second post in this thread.

Back