What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Would be nice to have:

DennisRhodes

Well Known Member
An experimental small size say 2 1/4 or other panel mounted equivalent to an audio panel. Would be digital and receive input from 2 coms including the PTT , and maybe TX interlock, an intercom not necessary, markers lights not necessary, nav selector not necessary, But provide selector for one of 2 coms to the headset output. Might include couple audio inputs. Would have a 37 pin sub d on the rear. Small interface would indicate which com was primary and if PTT was active.

This would allow for a second com to be easily interfaced (along with a second TX antenna) and have a panel select-able back up com radio, Might could also have a second monitored RX channel. The interface would allow easy monitoring status over the mechanical selector switch for "which transmitter am I TX ing on" or "which one am I listening on" . I would buy one .

Someone ?? developed some small audio mixers all built into a 37 pin sub d at one time . That would be an excellent starting place for a product by adding a faceplate interface and maybe a little logic .

Last edited:
Such devices exist. They’re called ‘switches’. Seriously, once you say ‘no intercom’, what’s left are switches.

Such devices exist. They’re called ‘switches’. Seriously, once you say ‘no intercom’, what’s left are switches.
Understand a switch could do the job but a display that indicated which com in use snd mixer for aux inputs as well as a touch screen for selection and hey maybe volume level. Hey make it 2020 while we are at it. Switches require labels..yes i believe it was Vern on the mixer, i actually have one behind the panel. It has worked very well for 10 + years
Thanks Vern...

Back