What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 in AZ

Peteywmj

I'm New Here
I am trying to find an RV-10 in AZ to fit myself with. I'm 6'7" with wide shoulders and am looking at and RV-10 but can't find one to looks at. And I'm new to Blogs in general so apologies if I've messed this up.

Welcome. I’m sure someone from your area will respond, but if not and you want to come to the Bay area you’re welcome to try mine on for size. One question to ask the owner: Where are the rudder pedals located? The builder has two options, more fore (most leg room) or more aft (pilots with short legs). They can be re-positioned by moving a few bolts. Just make sure you try one on with the pedals most forward, or at least try to image another inch or so of legroom.

I'm at Falcon Field in Mesa and happy to oblige. There are four or five at Falcon alone.
Text at 6024212868

I'm 6'-7.5" and fit easily in the RV-10 that I built. The only thing I did to improve my fit was to have Oregon Aero use one less layer of foam in the seat cushions, which reduced their height by about 1/2 inch. The seats still feel great, and others who have sat in my RV-10 haven't even noticed. I'm not sure I needed to do this, as I fit fine in the Van's factory RV-10 that I received my transition training in, but I'm happy to have a little extra headroom for my headset.

Cheers,

You do what you have to do; but be careful about removing or changing seat foam. It was designed to provide crush space in the event of a vertical impact.

You do what you have to do; but be careful about removing or changing seat foam. It was designed to provide crush space in the event of a vertical impact.

I understand this. That is why I worked with Oregon Aero on the modification. Oregon Aero did the design of the RV-10 front seats and manufactures them for Van's.

Back