What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV8A Air Inlet filter element

ariel_arielly

Dear freinds,
I need to replace the air filter element.
please help me to identify the filter element (it is for the Lycoming IO360 M1B Horizontal inlet) Part Number.
Thenks
Ariel

Dear freinds,
I need to replace the air filter element.
please help me to identify the filter element (it is for the Lycoming IO360 M1B Horizontal inlet) Part Number.
Thenks
Ariel

Ariel:

Van's Aircraft lists the air filters in the web store.

The filters are made by K & N Filters and as near as I can tell, Van's part number is the same as the K & N Filter number.

You may be able to find a local source or in Europe to save money on shipping.

As near as I can tell, you want the E-33-2060 filter. My RV-8 is not that far along but my RV-6 uses the same part number filter that Van's sells and it matches the K & N website number and size.

Last edited:
RV8A Air Filter

Ariel:

Van's Aircraft lists the air filters in the web store.

The filters are made by K & N Filters and as near as I can tell, Van's part number is the same as the K & N Filter number.

You may be able to find a local source or in Europe to save money on shipping.

As near as I can tell, you want the E-33-2060 filter. My RV-8 is not that far along but my RV-6 uses the same part number filter that Van's sells and it matches the K & N website number and size.

Thanks Gary.
Telling the true, I've tried to find the filter in "The List", but I failed to find "Air filter".
Anyway, after 400 hours on my -8A, I think it's time to replace it after I found one matel bar torn.....
BTY. It is the first time for me to check the fuel filter! The access to it is very limited and I had to disassemble the front baggage bay...
Thanks again.
Ariel Arielly
RV 8A
4X-OAA

Thanks Gary.
Telling the true, I've tried to find the filter in "The List", but I failed to find "Air filter".
Anyway, after 400 hours on my -8A, I think it's time to replace it after I found one matel bar torn.....
BTY. It is the first time for me to check the fuel filter! The access to it is very limited and I had to disassemble the front baggage bay...
Thanks again.
Ariel Arielly
RV 8A
4X-OAA
Hi Ariel, I'd recommend checking the fuel filter(s) a bit more frequently, like every 100 hours or yearly. You may have several filters or screens, depending on what the builder installed, and some are not so obvious (deep inside the fuel injection system or carburetor). Also, when changing your oil filter, don't forget the oil suction screen - it's frequently overlooked during an oil change.

https://www.lycoming.com/sites/defa...ervicing and Associated Corrective Action.pdf

Unless the filter is damaged, K&N filters can be serviced/cleaned and recharged for life.
K&N sells the package to service the filter and it’s an easy, but dirty job. Takes more time to dry than any other part of the job.
Good luck.
Mark

Air and Fuel filters

Thank you all, my freinds.
I found the P/N of the air filter and also checked the fuel filter which was found clean like a new one(!).
Ariel

Back