What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerocomposite Spinner seal

Plummit

Well Known Member
I have an Aerocomposite prop and spinner. Aerocomposite used a U-channel round sleeve in the spinner that rode on the front "hub" of the prop. Mine disintegrated after several years and Aerocomposites is gone. I called American Propeller and they were no help. What have other Aerocomposite owners done to repair this?
Edit: I referred to this as a Seal but it's called a sleeve in the manual.

-Marc

Attachments

• Aerocomposite sleeve.jpg
    Aerocomposite sleeve.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I ran into the same thing earlier this year. The parts no longer exist. I ended up wrapping the prop dome with some stout rubber (I want to say silicone baffle material) and fine tuning the fit with high quality electrical tape.

Dennis

If its polyurethane its likely made out of castable polyurethane. It would be fairly straightforward to make a mold on a lathe or maybe 3D print a mold. Or you could have it 3D printed.

This "sleeve" looks like something that should be available to purchase somewhere. I called my prop balancer, Jim Fackler, and he suggested Johnson and Son's propeller service as the ACI props are built using a McCauley 400 Series hub. They told me that they had the piece so I rolled the dice and gave them a CC for the $70 part.

In the meantime I cut a piece of a Michelin Air Stop inner tube and it appears that it will work just fine, and it's TSO'd! I'll get a pic tonight.

-Marc

Back