What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Missing inventory???

Vfr1200

Just wonder the success rate of the kits coming complete without any missing parts? I’m missing a small bag of rivets and a reinforcement plate in a sub kit. Going to double check again tomorrow before I make a claim .

It's in there -- of the several I've built I think I was missing one bracket for the elevator attach.

Keep in mind there are some things that need to be fabricated but may carry a part number in the inventory and/or plans -- the flap push-rods come to mind, plans show a F-759A, but you'll make it from the AT6-058X6/16 aluminum tube...

Out of 18 pages of inventory items for an RV-8, missing one of the many floor reinforcing angles and one inspection plate. They do an amazing job when you consider all the items in those bags, and yes I checked each one.

Vans is really good about making this right. On my RV7 fuselage, I went through the inventory list a couple of times and determined that a piece of Z channel was MIA.

All it took was a phone call the next day and they had one on the way via fedex.

i just had to get some missing rivets from Vans today. The inventory shows 12 sent but the part I was working on required 36. They are great to work with and are sending me the missing ones.

Missing parts

I just finished the FWF inventory. From empennage to FwF, I may have had four items total. Two in the FWF kit. Pretty good considering all the little parts.

Of the four kits, I think only the tail kit was complete. The others had either a missing or incorrect part or two. Van's is great about sending you what is missing. Just do it fairly soon after receiving the kit.

The biggest thing was in my tail, they sent two right elevator skins and no left. Besides that it was minor nuts and bolts. They shipped everything everything out next day, no questions asked after I sent them the list of missing parts.

Last month I received my 8 fuselage kit. There were two small items missing. With everything that has been going on over there in August and September, I'm not surprised. Been a very hectic and stressful time I'm sure.

They were very prompt in sending me the missing items. Polite, no questions asked, just a thank-you and items in the mail. I am quite happy with the service.

Also, I thought that about 1/2 of my rivets had the head on the wrong end. Then I realized they were for the other side of the plane (and oldie but a goodie).

Every kit I've had has had a small discrepancy worth from $.05 to $15 max. Backorders for me have taken 1-5 weeks. Overall it has been very satisfactory. They send missing items no questions asked - awesome. It is a drag to count it all but then when I go looking I know I have it.....

100% complete. I had NO missing or wrong parts. I did have a couple extra small ones - I dont think they were flite critical cuz she’s flying just fine.

Missing a few pop rivets in RV-14 Empennage. Missing two nut plates and both upper flap skins in the wing kit. I'm still amazed they get it so close!

So far, I've been missing exactly 1 part. Van's had it to within just of few days of my email. I also received one wrong part. Van's sent me the correct one, no charge.

Also, I thought that about 1/2 of my rivets had the head on the wrong end. Then I realized they were for the other side of the plane (and oldie but a goodie).

The problem is when you have too many for one side and not enough for the other side. And God forbid if they send you rivets for the tail when you need them for the firewall.

Update

Out of 3 kits one missing part , got it in the mail within a week great customer service very impressed

Back