What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Formation flying RV's near Peachtree City, Georgia

donaziza

Well Known Member
Hi Guys, I had to miss the formation clinic put on by Team Aerodynamix at KVUJ in N. Carolina this past weekend. ( My wife had to go in for a surgical shot procedure---they promised she'd be fine, so I could go to KVUJ, but she was anything but fine.) Anyway, I just heard tonight that there's something like 39 RV's down at KFFC, and that a lot of you went up by Ron Schreck & Kahuna for the formation clinic. I always thought formation flying was like riding a bike. Boy, Was I wrong!!! (I've got former Navy T 28 formation flying experience, but that was back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, ie I'm a newbie.)

Would maybe, pretty please any of you guys take me up in your back seat and show me the ropes flying off lead's wing? Sure appreciate it. (I've got an RV 8)

(Just send an email if a y'all can):)

Question on Formation flying in N.C. ?

Hi Guys, I had to miss the formation clinic put on by Team Aerodynamix at KVUJ in N. Carolina this past weekend. ( My wife had to go in for a surgical shot procedure---they promised she'd be fine, so I could go to KVUJ, but she was anything but fine.) Anyway, I just heard tonight that there's something like 39 RV's down at KFFC, and that a lot of you went up by Ron Schreck & Kahuna for the formation clinic. I always thought formation flying was like riding a bike. Boy, Was I wrong!!! (I've got former Navy T 28 formation flying experience, but that was back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, ie I'm a newbie.)

Would maybe, pretty please any of you guys take me up in your back seat and show me the ropes flying off lead's wing? Sure appreciate it. (I've got an RV 8)

(Just send an email if a y'all can):)

Hi, guys. I ran across this post and thought it may be worth asking.
I used to live in Houston and we had Stew McCurdy that started all the stuff down there out of George Town and the guys in Connrow. We are now in west central North Carolina. Seeing this post got me interested again.
I may be a couple of years before I would be ready for a formation ticket. But it may be fun to go set in on one of their classes. Who are where is there a group close to the Greensboro area of N.C. to start looking at formation flying? Thanks, yours as always. R.E.A. III #80888

Requesting title change

Can a moderator change the title of this thread please?

Replace or remove "down".

Thanks!

Hi, guys. I ran across this post and thought it may be worth asking.
I used to live in Houston and we had Stew McCurdy that started all the stuff down there out of George Town and the guys in Connrow. We are now in west central North Carolina. Seeing this post got me interested again.
I may be a couple of years before I would be ready for a formation ticket. But it may be fun to go set in on one of their classes. Who are where is there a group close to the Greensboro area of N.C. to start looking at formation flying? Thanks, yours as always. R.E.A. III #80888

Robert,
You are in the heartland of Team Aerodynamix and they usually do the NC clinics yearly. Our 8A7 gang does some, but not to the level of Team Aero. Once you get the -8 flying, there is plenty of NC activity ! Also,make sure you put smoke on your plane ...:D

My, bad..

Robert,
You are in the heartland of Team Aerodynamix and they usually do the NC clinics yearly. Our 8A7 gang does some, but not to the level of Team Aero. Once you get the -8 flying, there is plenty of NC activity ! Also,make sure you put smoke on your plane ...:D

Sorry, I did not look down the sites to see there was a file for formation flying. I think I would be looking for a formal ticket on this issue.. We had not gotten to the point of getting with the Eagle Flight guys down in TEXAS, before we moved up to N.C., but we knew them. I am always looking for ways to be a better pilot.. Doing air shows or presentations after getting established with the training and certification would be of most interest. I have seen the Aerodynamix grew at an airshow in Winston-Salem and wonder if they have instructors for a review and sign off for this type of training..? OH, smoke, if it is required, I don't think so. I am getting fat in my old age.. Thanks, Yours, R.E.A. III #80888

Thanks..

Funny! Being down in Atlanta I didn't even notice the play on words in the title. :)

Thanks Sid, being from South TEXAS we got uses to those guys east of the Sabine river.. Beer has gotten costly, so I guess I owe you a soda..
Yours, R.E.A. III #80888

Back