What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans store search is challenging

coffeeguy

Well Known Member
I know that they are making progress on the web store, but jeesh, it's hard to order things from Van's if you aren't talking to a human. Trying to search the web site for ES WH-00125 KIT. This is a main wiring harness. Tried all combinations that I could think of.

+ for service

The humans at Vans make up for it though, I also could not find a part for the rudder pedal SB in the online store or the list, so I emailed to ask if it was availlable, and they just sent it to me there and then at no charge!

I have also put the part number in the notes area while making an order with a note. They included it.

try SteinAir

I know that they are making progress on the web store, but jeesh, it's hard to order things from Van's if you aren't talking to a human. Trying to search the web site for ES WH-00125 KIT. This is a main wiring harness. Tried all combinations that I could think of.

I purchased the WH-00125 harness from SteinAir directly (they make the harnesses for Van's). I had heard once that Van's was not going to restock the harness, so maybe that's why it isn't in the online store.

_Alex

In the Old Country, we have crosswords.... Like Sudoku with letters.

Buying from the Vans Web site requires a certain level of understanding, interpretation, innovation.

Once you understand how it works.... It works ;)

Just a thought....
Since it has been mentioned numerous times that Greg is knocking himself out doing all that he has to do, plus getting a new on-line store up and running.

Why not try using the current store.... and if it doesn't work without developing a bunch of frustration.... dial the phone # and talk with someone.
503-678-6545
Press #2 after you are on the phone system and one of the order people that is sitting with baited breath waiting for someone to help will be right with you to find whatever you need. :D

We now live in an age where long distance calls are zero additional charge to a phone user in many instances.

If it is not, e-mail works very well also.
[email protected] or [email protected]

Just a thought....
Since it has been mentioned numerous times that Greg is knocking himself out doing all that he has to do, plus getting a new on-line store up and running.

Why not contract it out to an IT person to fix this once and for all?

Why not try .... dial the phone # and talk with someone.

Because it's 2020 and everything is done online and that's why they don't have phone books and hardly anyone has checks anymore?

I'm glad there's an option to reaching someone but even that doesn't work sometimes when you call and still get the wrong ......you know what, forget it. Not my company so I don't make the rules. Van's Rocks as is, don't change anything.

Why not contract it out to an IT person to fix this once and for all?

I didn’t say he was working on it solo. He is not. People that do this for a living are working on it.

And things are being changed and improved. The new web store just happens to not be live yet.

I am having a difficult time understanding why you have taken up this issue as a personal campaign though........
What do you hope to gain from that?

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion to call Stein. I called Van's today and left a message with the parts sales number. Funny thing is that I found it once, but can't seem to find it again.

BTW, don't mean to say that Van's aren't responsive! They definitely are. I called late in the day and left a message.

Scott, didn't mean to come down on Greg, it was more humorous exasperation than anything. I guess I was also hoping that someone might have had a link to the part. Should have asked that instead. :)

Last edited:
Back