What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Superhawk tires

Larco

Well Known Member
Looking to see if anyone has had any experience with Super Hawk tires? Have been told they compete with Flight Custom 3s. Both are belted tires. Seen a set today and am curious. Thanks

I have 1700+ hours on my RV-8. I just got started on my 4th set of tires. My kit originally came with the McCreary Air Hawk tires. At 500-600 hours I switched to the Goodyear Flight Special ll. I got 500-600 hours on those too. I switched back to the Air Hawks and got another 500-600 hours on those. I’m a believer of the Air Hawks.

The biggest difference I noticed between the two is that the Goodyear are heavier. And when they’re worn, there seems to be a lot more meat left on the tire. I use my tires to near bald. My tires wear very evenly, but I do baby them. I’m OCD about tire pressure and I rotate the tires side to side and flip them on the wheels. When the Air Hawks are worn, they are quite thin. I almost feel like I can push my finger through them although obviously I cannot.

I realize that the Super Hawk and the Flight Custom lll are different tires than the ones I wrote about above, but I hope this helps.

Back