What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil Pressure Port IO-360 A3B6D

plbarrett2004

Hello all,

I have an overhauled IO-360 A3B6D. I'm working to plumb fuel and oil lines firewall forward and its all new to me. I have the Lycoming overhaul and parts manual, and the only reference I can find to the oil pressure port is "plug". I'm about 90% sure its this fitting above the oil filter in the photo below. Can someone confirm this is the oil pressure port? Assuming if that is it, that I'll have to remove the current fitting to put the Van's supplied restrictor.

Thanks!

img_4973-1.jpg

I have this engine on my Mooney. If I get over to the airport today I will check on how it is configured.

don't have that engine. However, quite confident that is it. It is in the right location and has a built in restrictor. Would be very surprised if it was anything but your oil pressure tap. Can't tell if it is a std AN fitting though it looks like it is. It has a restrictor orifice, so no need to replace this if it is serviceable.

Larry

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

The restrictor that is currently installed, and shown in the photo, requires a smaller hose fitting than the hose and restrictor supplied by Van's. So to use it I'd need a new hose. Easiest just to swap it out.

Back