What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need Garmin Audio out help!

SJordan

Well Known Member
Hi guys,
Need some help! Garmin G3x with GTR200B radio.
Everything working great but I decided to wire up the optional audio out (pin 10) from the GTR 200b to a 3.5mm jack for my go pro. Problem is there is no radio audio coming through just intercom audio. I have read the manual 10 times and it says pin 10 is all audio minus music input. Trying to figure out what’s going on but I’m at a loss. Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Shawn
RV4.

GTR200B Receiver Audio Output

Hi guys,
Need some help! Garmin G3x with GTR200B radio.
Everything working great but I decided to wire up the optional audio out (pin 10) from the GTR 200b to a 3.5mm jack for my go pro. Problem is there is no radio audio coming through just intercom audio. I have read the manual 10 times and it says pin 10 is all audio minus music input. Trying to figure out what’s going on but I’m at a loss. Any input would greatly be appreciated.

Shawn
RV4.

Hi Shawn,

We were able to re-create this issue, and are currently looking into it. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Shawn,

We were able to re-create this issue, and are currently looking into it. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks,

Justin

Justin been playing with this for days!
So it appears I actually Have zero audio coming down pin 10/29.
I have Two of these radios and both are doing the same thing.
Really hoping to get plane out back together and flying again. The quicker we can figure this out the better!

Thanks
Shawn.

There is a reference in the install manual that this is only enabled when the intercom is enabled. I'm sure if this could have anything to do with it.

There is a reference in the install manual that this is only enabled when the intercom is enabled. I'm sure if this could have anything to do with it.

Well actually I think it’s opposite. With the help of some other GTr200 owners looks like we figured it out. If the intercom is enabled it shuts down audio on pin 10. Turn intercom off and pin 10 works. So looks like we good a bit of a software problem. Hopefully Garmin can get a software update out soon.

I just installed a GTR-200B but haven't flown with it yet. One thing I noticed already is that, with the Intercom enabled, I don't hear my voice in my earphones when I speak in the mic. I think I left the ICM VOL and ICM SQ in the default settings. I will recheck that. The SIDETONE works when I transmit.

Edit: And what the heck does this mean (from the installation manual)?
Sidetone volume may also be linked to the ICS (intercom) volume. This is accomplished by selecting the Sidetone setting one turn counter clockwise from '00' setting. 'ICS' will be displayed (Figure 3-5).
What does this do? Also, it's not mentioned in the Pilot's Guide that I can find.

Last edited:
Back