What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Video Input options for G3X

Tunna95

I'm New Here
I'm considering installing three G3X's in my RV and I have a question regarding the video input feature. As I understand it, there is a single video input on each display of the G3X. However, if you were to plug a Garmin VIRB camera into each display, for example, could you access the three different feeds from all screens or just the one the camera is plugged into?

Hope that makes sense.

Will

G3X Video Input

I'm considering installing three G3X's in my RV and I have a question regarding the video input feature. As I understand it, there is a single video input on each display of the G3X. However, if you were to plug a Garmin VIRB camera into each display, for example, could you access the three different feeds from all screens or just the one the camera is plugged into?

Hope that makes sense.

Will
Good Morning Will,

The video feed for the input on each display, is only available on that respective display, we do not share video data across the CAN bus for other displays on the bus.

Thanks,

Justin

Thanks for clearing that up Justin. Is it then possible to have a splitter which inputs multiple inputs into a single g3x input, for example, plugging in two Garmin VIRBS into a two way splitter to on Garmin G3X?

Thanks for clearing that up Justin. Is it then possible to have a splitter which inputs multiple inputs into a single g3x input, for example, plugging in two Garmin VIRBS into a two way splitter to on Garmin G3X?

The video input is just a simple composite video input. You could use a video switch upstream typically known as an A/B switch.

Back