VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-08-2012, 08:04 PM

Default RV-9A Berringer Nose wheel video

I finally got brave enough to mount my Drift HD170 outside the airplane and shot some video focusing on the nose gear. I have the Berringer nose wheel, standard Vans engine/prop configuration (O-320/Sensenich). My weight and balance is 268 on the nose gear without gear leg fairings and wheel pants. Thought I would share this with folks who may be interested in it. Comments/suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXdvJ...x7UCQYr4omGJvA
www.eaa242.org/
N194MH first flight on 08-26-12
Old 10-08-2012, 08:22 PM

Hmmm, I would like to see some more vids on grass, we are building a 7A and flying off of 2800ft grass strip. Doesn't look to violent on asphalt.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:23 AM

The wheel looks like it really turns freely. Nice. I would highly recommend putting a gearleg stiffener on the nosegear as well. After viewing RV6airplanepilot's video (youtube) I installed one on our 6A and what a difference in taxi vibration. Little or none. I also would recommend a Lipskid fron Antisplataero as well if you are planning to land on grass. It is a bit expensive but..........I have gearleg stiffeners available if you need them. Contact: woodmanrog@comcast.net
Old 10-09-2012, 09:20 AM

This is probably the most oscillation-free NG I have seen among all other videos, there is hardly any oscillation.

I am using the standard VANs nose gear but with the Matco axle which allows it to torque the nut without putting any pressure on the bearing and did a video of my own NS taxing up to 33k. The oscillation was more than what I see here but still much less than so other videos I have seen. So, I believe the key is a free rotating bearing with a well-balanced (round) tire. Mine unfortunately is not that that balanced or round.
Dues paid
Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavafa View Post
This is probably the most oscillation-free NG I have seen among all other videos, there is hardly any oscillation.

I am using the standard VANs nose gear but with the Matco axle which allows it to torque the nut without putting any pressure on the bearing and did a video of my own NS taxing up to 33k. The oscillation was more than what I see here but still much less than so other videos I have seen. So, I believe the key is a free rotating bearing with a well-balanced (round) tire. Mine unfortunately is not that that balanced or round.
....If you like you can send it to us and we can true and balance it for you. We also stock tires and tubes so can do it all if you desire. Our turn around time in our facility is only one day. Thanks, Allan....
Products, Tools & Services
Info@AntiSplatAero.com
Southern California (KREI)
RV-9A / Edge-540
(909) 824-1020