What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Landing gear covers

bjconst

I have installed Grove gear. I then went over, grabbed the covers that go on the underside of the plane, they of course don't fit, the grove gear is to thick. Any ideas as to what I should do.

The aluminum cover gets trimmed to clear the outboard clamp, then you make some glass intersection fairings to cover the clamp and the leg-fuselage intersection.

zwht3.jpg

Bob at Fairings-Etc. sells upper and lower intersection fairings for Grove airfoil gear, if you aren't up to building your own.

Mine just arrived yesterday, haven't had a chance to open the box yet.

?

I have installed Grove gear. I then went over, grabbed the covers that go on the underside of the plane, they of course don't fit, the grove gear is to thick. Any ideas as to what I should do.
Of course you say? Don't understand why your covers don't fit. As you can see, I installed Grove Airfoil gear and with very little modification the stock covers fit the airframe just fine. Are the standard Grove (non-airfoil) type gear legs comparatively thicker? What am I missing?

o9r5zb.jpg

Back