What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangarage needed around Tampa

Jab

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi all

I am new to the RV scene having only flown a 6A a few times but I have just purchased an RV4 and I am looking for hangarage either at Tampa Executive or Plant City. I will need to do a lot of work on the aircraft so I assume a T hangar would be best but if there is anyone looking to share a hangar I would be grateful to know about it. Any alternatives or suggestions would be welcome too.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow RV'ers sometime.

Gary

Hi Gary, I am based at Zephyrhills, about 20 minutes north of Tampa Exec. A good number of RVs and a very friendly airport with cheap fuel. I considered Tampa exec as it is closer to home but was turned off by higher fuel prices, and no self serve fuel. Depending on your location may be worth considering.

Chris

ZPH Zephyrhills

Hi all

I am new to the RV scene having only flown a 6A a few times but I have just purchased an RV4 and I am looking for hangarage either at Tampa Executive or Plant City. I will need to do a lot of work on the aircraft so I assume a T hangar would be best but if there is anyone looking to share a hangar I would be grateful to know about it. Any alternatives or suggestions would be welcome too.

Looking forward to meeting some fellow RV'ers sometime.

Gary

As stated earlier there are a lot of RV's based at ZPH with the advantage of cheap fuel and more importantly, the fact you can work on your airplane in the hangar. Check with both PCM and VDF about that. Not sure to what extent they'll allow you to work on your RV. It may be disappointing.

Thank you all for the welcome and for your suggestions. I may come up to Zephyrhills this week to look around. This is exactly the kind of information I need so I appreciate you taking the time to write it down. Have a great week.

Gary

I was based at VDF for a few months while waiting for a hangar at CLW.
It's a bit quiet there and you are able to work on experimentals.

VDF is a little more expensive than ZPH and you will not get the additional RV support and community.

Your proximity to the airport is important as you will be working & flying and would be less prone to do both if you have a long commute to the airport.

Welcome to the RV family. You will love it.

Thanks again gentlemen. A friend is going to allow me to share his hangar at TPF which will work for me.

For info for anyone else looking : I went to VDF and I was impressed, great people and they had T hangars available. The location works for me, close to home because I will need to work on the aircraft a lot. Downside was not a large RV community.

ZPH and PCM don't have anything available right now, probably a 3 to 6 month wait for a T hangar.

I am impressed with the RV community, can't wait to meet some more people.

Gary

Back