What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wire Harness Error?

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
My 14A has wires in the harness for the rear AeroLEDs position/anti collision light. But, the wires in my harness don't match the plans. Plans show five wires going to aft end of VS where the light lives: white/orange, white/blue, white, green, and black. My harness has everything except the green. Plans show the green wire going from aft fuse to a 12 pin molex mounted on a forward bulkhead connecting to position No. 9. My harness has no wire connected to No. 9 on this molex. Also, my harness has the black wire at the aft light location with a female molex pin connected and grouped with the other three wires (as though it is intended to connect to the molex on the light). But this black wire loops back from where the molex will be as though intended to be connected to ground at the fuse.

I don't have the entire wiring diagram for the plane, so difficult to troubleshoot. My sense is the white/orange and white/blue are switched power and that the white is a sync wire, but not sure about this.

Any help appreciated.

I called Van's but they weren't sure why the harness didn't match the plans. Unusual.

I called SteinAir about this last year (they make the harnesses for Vans) and it was curious to them as well - as much as they could tell, there was a revision change to the wiring plans in which the green wire (a ground) no longer goes all the way to the WH-00125 common fuselage harness, and instead terminates on the vertical spar. The WH-00125 diagram is available on the Vans website: https://www.vansaircraft.com/downloads/#RV-14downloads

_Alex

I queried the same thing last week. It seems the wire from pin 9 was eliminated but the plans weren't updated. They sent this harness wiring diagram

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 321
Back