What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2 Questions about the TBolt Engine

Bungalow Al

Ok, digging around with no luck finding these answers.

1) Does the Tbolt engine come in a "Preserved State" i.e. somewhat pickled? Or is it something I'll need to do? (As per my usual fictional time-frame planning, it'll be probably be sitting longer that I want.....)

2) What is the Warranty on the engine? I remember reading somewhere that the came with a date and/or run hour time.......

Thanks in Advance!

Lycoming can do a long term storage if you are not mounting right away. It is somehow packed and sealed with dehydrator packs. You will be instructed not to open the box. It is suppose to be good for a minimum of 6 months. There is no extra charge for this and is fairly common to do. They do it for any engine being shipped overseas. I just received my engine last week.

This disclaimer is on the outside of the crate.

My understanding is the warranty is 2 years from shipping or one year after first engine start.

Attachments

• IMG_2747.jpg
    IMG_2747.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 245
Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure that was the case with the warranty, but couldn't put my hands on it.

As for pickling, that is nice to know it is an option from the factory.

I'm finding my best laid plans of getting more done faster, has been slightly optimistic.......:) So timing of the engine is important..........

I hate it when work interferes with my build!

Warranty statements from the Lycoming website;

"For most engines, the warranty period begins on either the first date of operation or 24 months from the engine or part shipment date from Lycoming, whichever comes first. The warranty is valid for registered and non-registered engines."

"New non-certified engines are warranted for 24 months from the date of the first operation or 2200 hours, whichever occurs first."

Back