What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Apple watch 6 has pulse ox

kaweeka

Well Known Member
The new Apple Watch Series 6 will feature an app that lets you monitor your blood oxygen level right from your wrist. The watch has infrared sensors on the bottom that scan the color of your blood to determine how much oxygen is flowing through it. The device can also notify users if they are at a higher altitude, to remind them that their blood oxygen levels may be different than normal. This could definitely be a handy little gizmo. I've held off purchasing the Apple Watch so far but this definitely adds another layer of utility.

Glad to see them add this, but there are also several other options for a lot less money that do the same thing if you aren't an apple person.

I use a Garmin Fenix 6 (I am pretty active runner/cyclist) that has this functionality too (although this is on their higher end $$ wise and quite a lot more than an apple watch). It is pretty handy for sure but I keep a finger mounted pulse ox too in my bag.

Back