What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

talcum powder for tire tubes

lawrence

Well Known Member
talcum powder is not available locally. any substitutes work? like corn starch?
i can order tire talc online,but would like to install new tube today.
thank you for any replys. lawrence

Powdered chalk like for a stringline would work. Probably plain old wheat flour as well would work.

I have used Baby Powder for years and it does the trick. An added bonus is that after using the product women will walk across the street and give you a hug.

Baby powder

I thought they removed talc from powder because of cancer risk. Replacement is corn starch. A box of corn starch is much cheaper. You can spray some cologne if you want!:D
I keep containers in my shop for dusting my hands before slipping on a pair of nitrile gloves.

I have used Baby Powder for years and it does the trick. An added bonus is that after using the product women will walk across the street and give you a hug.

I must have done something wrong. I used baby powered on installing new tires and tubes last week. Not one hug yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0202.png
    IMG_0202.png
    504.3 KB · Views: 214
If you have a billiard supply store in town they usually carry talc (or maybe just visit the local pool hall :)

talc

Baby powder is still readily available where I live so maybe I need to stock up!

Last edited:
Back