What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Millenials

RFSchaller

Well Known Member
Today I finally passed the milestone of 1000 hours on my RV-12 that I finished in March 2012. I’m curious to know just how exclusive the millennial club is.

Congrats! It is a milestone indeed. Just getting broken in.
It has been done a time or two. Next stop 2000.

Skunk at Pottstown, pa. has passed it and of course, the infamous JB passed it several years ago.

Old infamous himself reporting in - -

1,432.8 as of yesterday. WAAAAAAAAY less hours these days, but still once in a while. Still runs like new.

Congratulations!

Not there yet the highest time was 825 hours (2018) goes downhill since then :D

Bonneville_Salt_Flats_1.jpg

KELLI GIRL's first flight was in April 2015.
Yesterday's numbers: 1098.2 Hobbs, 981.1 tach.
Averaging 202 hours yearly.

I can't not fly her.

Maybe the OP should have rephrased is statement that he has over 1,000 hours on his ROTAX 912 ULS in his RV-12. Are you interested in measuring hours on the airframe, or powerplant, or both? Is # of gallons of gas and type of gas also worth measuring, too?

I hope to start adding hours to my Rotax 912 ULS at a good clip, soon. Plenty of opportunities to fly year round in Southern California. If we don't have fires, poor air quality and visibility problems or earthquakes, or mudslides, or civil unrest.

Last edited:
Having just turned 69 at the current rate I think my flying days will run out right at TBO. The only thing better is dying in your bed of old age with an empty bank account and maxed out credit!😝

Back