What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Coming to Alabama

GeoffP

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I'm about to start a few months working (for my current employer on temporary assignment) in the Montgomery area. Looks like I'll be in the US for periods of a few weeks at a time (then with a week or two back in Oz) between March and September. I'd like to try to make contact with any RV builders / flyers around central Alabama, to help while away the non-working hours. I'm happy to be a second pair of hands for someone so I don't lose those all important drill-deburr-dimple-rivet & repeat skills, or to just be extra ballast when you go flying.

I am an EAA member and I'll make contact with the local chapters when I get over there also.

if anyone is interested please send me a PM.

KEET (NW of Montgomery) has a very active EAA and RV community ... great GA airport! Let me know when you get here :)

If I was tasked with the temporary assignment, I would start working on my employer to allow several days in Oshkosh the week of 20 July.

I am an EAA member and I'll make contact with the local chapters when I get over there also.

EAA 822, Wetumpka Airport (08A), just north of the river, 2nd Saturday, noon at the Yak Shack. You'll find it.

We have a few RV's. Doesn't everyone? ;)

If I was tasked with the temporary assignment, I would start working on my employer to allow several days in Oshkosh the week of 20 July.

It's already been strongly suggested that I try to fit in a few days in Oshkosh by guys I know over here.....

EAA 822, Wetumpka Airport (08A), just north of the river, 2nd Saturday, noon at the Yak Shack. You'll find it.

We have a few RV's. Doesn't everyone? ;)

Wetumpka came up when I searched, and was going to be one of the first places I contact when I get to the US.

Dan, make sure Geoff is introduced to the fine art of southern BBQ appreciation. :)

Oh yeah.

Geoff, you'll like 08A. Way back when, the FBO rules where I was learning to fly absolutely prohibited students from going to Wetumpka without their instructor. Word was the place was a hangout for ultralights, skydivers, antiques, Pitts drivers, crop dusters, drunks, and fools....and chances are they would all be in the air at the same time. Naturally, I based there as soon as I could afford a flying machine.

Four decades have really tamed the place, but the spirit lives on.

Biplane%20Butt.JPG

Be good to catch up with you at Oshkosh. Plenty of rain up at Mudgee, looking a treat. Catcha soon

Cheers Pete, hopefully I do get to see you there!

And thanks to everyone else, I appreciate all the nice warm responses. I'll start making further contact over the next week or so. BBQ sounds great too!

Cheers Pete, hopefully I do get to see you there!

And thanks to everyone else, I appreciate all the nice warm responses. I'll start making further contact over the next week or so. BBQ sounds great too!

I am also building a -9. I am right outside of Montgomery. I am a member of 822 although I have missed a few meetings. Would love to meet you and get your thoughts on my project.

Back