What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Insurance

rwarre

Well Known Member
Picking up my overhauled engine and transporting it in my pick up from Ohio to Colorado. Would it be necessary to get insurance on the engine.

Thats a personal decision. I had my engine shipped from Canada to Hawaii and chose to get insurance. It was about $500 and the engine arrived without incident.

Not sure where you are going to find insurance that will cover your engine while in the back of your pickup truck.

Call the agent

Either your car insurance or household insurance should already cover this, but I'd call/write to be sure.

Either your car insurance or household insurance should already cover this, but I'd call/write to be sure.

Don't bank on this! Auto policies don't typically cover personal property, you'd rely on your homeowners insurance for that. However, most homeowners insurances specifically exclude airplane parts (Thus the market for builders insurance).

I'm not sure where you would get coverage: if your homeowners could issue a rider covering the engine, or if a builders risk policy would cover it? But if you're going to make assumptions I would assume it's NOT covered without a specialty policy.

Would it be necessary to get insurance on the engine.

The question is...

Lucky1.jpg

Back