What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hinges on -7 Cowl

Karetaker

Well Known Member
Howdy Everyone. I will be installing hinges to mount the cowl on my -7. The instructions seem a little vague on the installation...mostly length and position. I want to focus on the two side hinges on the lower cowl half. Pictures of your hinges in this area would be great! Thanks!

Howdy Everyone. I will be installing hinges to mount the cowl on my -7. The instructions seem a little vague on the installation...mostly length and position. I want to focus on the two side hinges on the lower cowl half. Pictures of your hinges in this area would be great! Thanks!

For the sides, offset the hinge up so about 1/8" of the strip is visible above the top edge of the bottom cowl, that way the hinges themselves are not visible through the gap. You may need to buy the wider hinge for that, but only 1 since you can use just 1/2 for each side.

Do the same at the firewall as well.

I've had the firewall sides clekoed and would really like to get the hinges installed. I have a better understanding on how to do that now. Thanks.

Back