What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skygeek.com issues

I don't see that skygeek is a supporter of VAF, and if they are I would love for them to comment....

Anyone, please tell me if I am being unreasonable:

I ordered a length of wire from skygeek.com. They have great prices although their shipping is outrageous if you combine orders it can be quite a money saver. Wire is sold by the foot. They broke up my wire order into multiple lengths of wire rather than a single length. Furthermore, their minimum order is 100', but one length was just 40'.

I called customer service and the woman on the phone, although very pleasant, was adamant that this item was sold by the foot and that their policy was to ship it as little as in 1' increments!!! I am dumbfounded.

I could return what has been shipped so far (at my expense), refunded (all but the $20 shipping charge) and reorder (another $20 shipping charge) with "must be one length in the comments section.

She stated this is their policy, although unwritten.

Be aware, skygeek doesn't appear to be a very upstanding aviation supply business IMO

I think cutting up wire is a little ridiculous. Why would anyone want a bunch of different wire lengths for the same wire?

I think cutting up wire is a little ridiculous. Why would anyone want a bunch of different wire lengths for the same wire?
They wouldn't. Which is why Skygeek ends up with a bunch of cut ends they can't do anything with other than ship them out piecemeal when someone orders a single length.

I was looking at them for wire recently, but ordered from ACS since I had some other items to combine. Glad I didn't order from them, split lengths would have not worked for me at all.

Have found their prices to be all over. Some items they are very low and others very high.

The only issue that comes to mind was an order for fuel tank sealant. When it arrived, it would be expired in two weeks and I was not planning on using it for 1-month.

Went back and forth with them and found out I need to let them know expiration date needed in the comment section of the order.

Have been able to get some very good deals (penny on the dollar type deals) when they have a clearance. Great buy when it is something you are going to use and it does not matter if it sits on your shelf for a while.

That is the EXACT response I got from them,,,,,,you needed to put that in the comment section that I didn't want 200 - 1' pieces of wire.

amazing. She said this was policy, although she said it wasn't written on the website and agreed I had no way of knowing this.

Skygeek is not a place to buy aviation materials.

Give SteinAir a call, they are in your local area and you will get what you want with no hassle.

steinair is of course much better and yes, I am probably their closest customer. I just happen to be heading out of town, no time to get down to them, the prices at skygeek with shipping was the same, the wire would be at my house when I got home and I could continue working......you know the deal. Trying to save some time and yup, I lost.

shame on me, I should have gone to where I know they have what I need.

No more Skygeek for me

Ordered 2 Cleveland disks from them a while back since the price was great. Got an email stating 1 was back ordered and other would ship in 2-3 weeks. Could not get anyone on the phone. Emailed back ?not in a hurry, want both.? Back and forth multiple times.

A couple days later got another email: the date of manufacture is xxx, the date of expire is xxx. The shelf life is at 20%. If you accept this item it is non refundable. Very difficult to get someone on the phone. Finally explain that we are talking about a metal disk, they send me one and cancel the order on the other one stating they can?t get any more.

Looked at their website a few days later and they have the disks listed ?in stock?, but for 4 times the price. Not a company I will be doing business with anytime soon.

Unethical, IMO

I purchased "in-stock" firewall sealant from them. When the order "submit" button was hit, the order had a 4 - 6 week delivery stated on it. When I tried to cancel it, they said there was a restocking fee; for something obviously not in stock. The customer server person had no interest in doing anything other than trying to outlast me on the phone.. I ate the fee and decided never to use them again. I won't even search their site.

Back