What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My birthday present

agent4573

Well Known Member
Got this from the girlfriend today. We've been talking about building a plane for a while now, and about a month ago I asked her this question. We placed the deposit 2 weeks ago for an RV7.

nvHEpn6l.jpg

Last edited:
That's good news!

I met my wife just after starting on the tail kit and ordered the fuselage kit the week before the wedding. Her and her father (he's a pilot as well) were there through the entire build. I would fair to guess she either drove or bucked one third of the rivets.

Awesome! Building a-7 myself. You need the best support staff you can get...wife is most important. They sign on to a very long, expensive, sometimes frustrating commitment. My girl is in the shop whenever I need her; it is great to have someone on hand 24/7 to lend a hand.

Excited? Wait until that first box/crate lands at you build site!

Looks like you have an awesome girl friend!

I built my RV-7A. About a year or so later, my wife started work on her masters degree. She told me that since she was going to be so busy (i.e. no time for me) that I should consider building another airplane. I said okay after pondering the idea for 2 seconds. :)

I love my wife!

Got this from the girlfriend today. We've been talking about building a plane for a while now, and about a month ago I asked her this question. We placed the deposit 2 weeks ago for an RV7.

nvHEpn6l.jpg

Oh boy you're in trouble now!:D pick one, G/F or plane, having both is pure greed!:D

She?s a keeper

nvHEpn6l.jpg

Doesn?t get any better than that! She?s a keeper.

This one is for her. I get to stay at home and build for 6 months while she pays the bills. The next one will probably be an Extra.

Where do I find me one of these mythical creatures who would enjoy building a plane with me? I'm all ears...

Back