What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Form 8130-12 Prop make and serial no

FinnFlyer

Well Known Member
My plan was to use the prop from my RV-3B for the RV-4 first flights to get some performance numbers. Then take the prop to Ed Sterba and see what he could come up with for my RV-4 prop.

But Form 8130-12, ELIGIBILITY STATEMENTAMATEUR-BUILT AIRCRAFT, wants Prop Make and Serial no.

Can I put "Other" and "N/A" in Form 8130-12?

Note that this RV-4 has a Mazda 13B Renesis. Expect it to produce about 180-190HP at 2500-2600 RPM, but won't really know until flying. So typical RV-4 prop numbers may not apply here. Thus I feel the need for testing.

Finn

My plan was to use the prop from my RV-3B for the RV-4 first flights to get some performance numbers. Then take the prop to Ed Sterba and see what he could come up with for my RV-4 prop.
But Form 8130-12, ELIGIBILITY STATEMENTAMATEUR-BUILT AIRCRAFT, wants Prop Make and Serial no.
Can I put "Other" and "N/A" in Form 8130-12?
Note that this RV-4 has a Mazda 13B Renesis. Expect it to produce about 180-190HP at 2500-2600 RPM, but won't really know until flying. So typical RV-4 prop numbers may not apply here. Thus I feel the need for testing.
Finn

The propeller installed on the aircraft at certification should be listed on the -12.
The prop manufacturer should be listed. Not all wood props have a S/N, so that may be left blank, or N/A.

Back