What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I decided not to sell my RV-8!

colojo

Well Known Member
I previously posted here that my RV-8 was for sale. No more! I couldn't bear the thought of losing it, so I took it off the market and moved it from Petaluma (O69) to Fullerton (KFUL), where I was lucky enough to find a hangar to share with an RV-8A owner!

Here is a picture of our RVs in their new home:

Fullerton-XL.jpg

I have to agree with the above posters, conventional U/C is the only version worth having:D
A mate of mine has the training wheel version of the 8 and when I park my proper 8 next to it they look like two totally different planes!

Now now guys, you’re letting your superficial bias show. While they are very different looking airplanes that handle differently on the ground, the A model is not “not worth having”. Besides it was someone’s choice and a lot of work was put into getting it done and flying. By the way, I would not take a tail dragger anywhere where I would not take my nose dragger. I bet my A model can consistently land and takeoff shorter than the tail dragging equivalent.

20170715_135923.jpeg

20170916_180653.jpeg

20170521_154357.jpeg

Last edited:
Back