What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

tool for screws on inspection

NinerBikes

Well Known Member
I've searched to no avail, but I am pretty sure that a while back, there was a thread in here about favorite tool brands for electric screw guns that were small, handy, adjustable angle heads, useful for doing inspections.

Pulled the panels today for the AP in the cockpit, and the need for a small powerful battery powered electric drill/screw gun became painfully evident.

If anyone can make suggestions or direct me to the previous thread, which was long before I owned a RV-12, it would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

This what I use Randy. Very convenient.

mybosch.jpg

I got a very small skil brand driver. It is usb chargeable. I got it specifically because it doesn’t have enough torque to strip a screw but plenty to take all the screws out for an annual and put them back in plus some.

Uhhgg too hot today... 117f.

At the hangar at 7:30 am, a few folks out flying, packed it in by 8:50 AM, dripping too much sweat to be working in a tin hangar.

Another day, when it's cooler.

Electric Screw Driver

Be sure you get the one that has the adjustable clutch. I bought a similar Dewalt that doesn't have the clutch but wish I had spent the extra money for the clutch. Without the clutch feature I have over tightened and stripped a few screws as a result. (Now I use it to remove screws and to run them in most of the way and then hand tighten them to avoid stripping.)

Dave

Be sure you get the one that has the adjustable clutch. I bought a similar Dewalt that doesn't have the clutch but wish I had spent the extra money for the clutch. Without the clutch feature I have over tightened and stripped a few screws as a result. (Now I use it to remove screws and to run them in most of the way and then hand tighten them to avoid stripping.) Dave

Correct - the clutch is very precise - love it.
--------
NinerBikes - I flew at 10AM this morning. 65F, very light winds, visibility totally unlimited, no contrails in crystal blue skies...

Back