What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Buying A Flying RV-10

Summit

I'm New Here
I'm currently flying an RV6-A and love the plane, but need more seats. I would love to build an RV10, but the time isn't there right now, so I'm looking for one already built. There doesn't seem to be very many for sale, or I'm looking in the wrong places. Any suggestions?

I was flying a -6 for years and moved up to a flying-10. I just posted on the forum for anyone looking to sell and found my plane that way.
I really love the -10. The only thing I miss is the loops and rolls.

there is a nice 10 for sale for 139k. it is in jupiter florida. a local friend build it as is very meticulous. nice plane for the money.
att2197443.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to VAF!!

Dave, welcome to VAF:D

Good to have you here.

Sorry, but my wife would have a fit if I sold the 10.

It's unfortunate but the prices for built RV10s tend to be below or equal to the actual investment.

I assume that one factor discounting the prices is the lack of a Repairman's Certificate. It certainly played a big part in my decision to build a plane for my retirement years. And the savings from DIY are quite significant so far.

Bill "not even thinking of selling my baby" Watson
N215TG

Sorry, but my wife would have a fit if I sold the 10.

For a $139k, all of our wives would be upset. Double that and there may be a few smiles.

I know of at least one RV-10 that was sold by a determined buyer making unsolicted offers until the price was too much to refuse.

Now he can build #2 with all the options he couldn't afford in #1. Or at least I would like to think that is the case.

It really comes down to three things, quality of the build, engine and avionics. With some of the glass panels in use today the price can vary 60-80k. I have seen a couple of 10's that had such poor build quality there just would not be a low enough price for me to purchase. I have seen other 10's with high quality builds and the kitchen sink in the panel that will bring we'll over 200k. It just depends on the particular aircraft and what a buyer is looking for.

You can also buy a well built 10 with light avionics at a price in the mid 100's, again it's just about what a buyer may want. For a well built low time 10 with an IFR panel/glass you are usually looking at 170-220k depending on the panel, engine and interior.

Pat

Last edited:
This may be a nice aircraft, but I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that the asking price is below the parts cost.
Notice: overhauled, not new, not fuel injected, engine
No IFR navigation (no VOR, no ifr GPS).

Not that these are bad things, but as the last post said, avionics can drive the cost way up.

Summit,

Mine is not for sale but if you want to fly in one or just want to look at variations I have an RV-10 at 36U and routinely fly it to SLC and BTF.

801-580-3737.

Sean Strasburg

1/2 RV10 for sale

My build partner passed away this past summer. His wife wants to sell his 1/2 interest. It is hangered at KBTF. Look on KSL.com for info or you can reach me at [email protected]

Thanks Everyone

Thanks Everyone for your kind suggestions. I'll patiently search while I keep an eye on the forum.

Back