What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair and Loctite

motodave

Well Known Member
Did some searches with no luck in VAF. Question, Andair recommends Loctite 648 (green) for the screws that attach the 90 degree AN fittings to the valve body. Not sure why 648 versus Blue or even Red, what did you use?

Thanks in advance!

To the extend I know, they have doted place that you punch the screw to dent and lock them in place.

I just bought an Andair gascolator and was wondering the same thing. It seems like I would rather use the red stuff for this application, but I bought the green off Amazon.

The green Loctite is "wicking". It is designed to be applied after the fasteners are tightened. The fasteners that hold the fittings to the valve only have the head showing. The green would not be applicable to these as the ends of the threads are not visible. For these I would use the blue Loctite.

Any fitting that has the ends of the threads showing past a nut or tapped hole would be a good candidate for the green. Think of the idle speed screw on the carburetor. You set it and apply the green wicking Loctite.

Back