What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Zip tips

I wish I could help! Mine have been on order for several months - they have been having some supply chain and shipping problems due to the pandemic and are months backlogged.

Awesome

Dave,
Mine are the III's and they look absolutely amazing. Damien is very responsive to calls and emails and is a pleasure to work with. They do have a backlog so order way before you need them. Mine took about 7 months. I will say the fiberglass work is a higher quality than the stock Van's tips.

Also, keep in mind there could be issues with some other systems you may be planning on using like ER tanks, Archer Nav antenna, etc..

Zip Tips

I ordered mine in June, Damien said most of Europe shuts down for August. They are building a second set of molds and I should see them in September. So get on the list and talk with Damien. Very responsive. Also, contact Van's about getting the cutout for landing lights deleted for the wing kit, if you so choose. We have at least three of us who have done so. The more inquiries about this, the more likely they are to accommodate.

Received mine about 3 weeks ago. Installed and look amazing. Quality. Easier fit up than the Vans tips. Ordered them in March but well worth the wait.

Does anyone have Damien’s phone number. I have tried his email several times and have not had a response.
Thanks
Dave

Received mine about 3 weeks ago. Installed and look amazing. Quality. Easier fit up than the Vans tips. Ordered them in March but well worth the wait.

Any noticeable flight characteristic changes? Higher roll forces have been mentioned.
G

I have the RV10-14 winglet tips and while installing with the W-00026 on the aileron the trailig edge is about 3/4" below the aileron. This happens on both wings. Any suggestions??? What am I doing wrong here? BTW it's on an RV-14A.

Does anyone know if ZTs have an affect on Archer antenna or Gmu11
Tanks
Dave

Talk with Damien, I believe they redesigned the board awhile ago to address interference issues. He has specified that with Garmin all is good, I did not ask about other manufacturers.

Wing kit

I ordered my wing kit with the cutout deleted from the leading edge skin. If you already have the kit, people have either made covers or one idea was to mount a camera.

Back