What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Classic Aero interior RV 7

Classic Aero Interior

I put a complete Classic Aero interior into a new RV-7A within the last five months. All of the pieces fit very well. I don't believe it took more than about 4-5 hours to install the complete system and the result was very professional looking.

I liked there product so well, especially the front carpet system, that I sent them a template for my RV-8, and they made a custom carpet for me. Very reasonably priced, fit like a glove, and best of all, greatly reduced the interior noise from th engine. I couldn't be more pleased with it.

IMHO, Classic Interior puts out a fine product and I've had great customer support.

Mitchell Lock

Correction

Excuse me, "I liked their product...", not "there" product. I am smarter than most fifth graders.

Mitchell Lock

Excuse me, "I liked their product...", not "there" product. I am smarter than most fifth graders.

Just hit the "edit" button, and correct it. If it's within a limited amount of time, it won't even show as an edit.

L.Adamson

edit: P.S.---- And my Classic Aero seats are very proffessional looking, too!

Very good

We luvd ourss...edit..loved hours....er ours:D Fit gud 2...too...also:) er...good

Would buy from them again,

I installed a Classic Aero interior in our 9A which is pretty much the same animal. Only problem I had was with the baggage carpet. We installed the baggage side panels, and the instructions said to do them first. The carpet wouldn't fit; it was too large. Installing it first allowed it to go all the way to the walls, then I could install the panels. Really fine interior.

Bob Kelly

Excellent product/great service

We bought the complete interior for our -7A. I'm a guy who can mess up just about anything (I should be a test subject for a book on "Aircraft Construction for Dummies") but these went in perfectly and without a single hitch. Good design, excellent quality, fine service.

Ed

(place tongue in cheek)

Well for cryin out load - if yer gonna talk about nice interiors, you should post a pic!

(remove tongue from cheek)

4-5 hours? you sure you're not talking about gluing in a Flightline interior?

the hardest part on the CA interior is remembering which half of the side panel not to install before the gear covers.

How much weight is added?

Just curious how much weight the whole package adds to the A/C?

55 lbs.

We weighed one complete interior for an RV-7A and it came to 55 lbs.

I have the full interior and love it. It fit perfectly and only takes about 15 min to install. Mine is the vinyl and cloth and you can't tell the vinyl from leather, it even smells like leather. Well worth the money it looks like a fine sports car inside. Don

Often I would consider if what I paid for something was really worth it, but not with Classic aero. Worth every penny and then some. Puts the plane on the next level .
Luke was really helpfull and kept me informed all the way. Delivery schedules were spot on.

As to the cost. I showed my interior to a friend who does award winning upholstery and he said there was no way he could do the same job for the price Classic Aero charges. Don

The 55 pounds has me concerned. How much more over the basic would that amount to? Anybody have any idea?

But you don't need the whole kit! You need seat cushions and some kind of floor covering under your feet, so discount them. The side panels are excellent, as are the panels by your knees - and they provide a couple of map pockets. The heavy bits are those in the baggage compartment - so just get the tonneau cover. The additional weight of the side panels and tonneau can't be more than 10 or perhaps 15lb?

Pete

Went the same direction. I didn't get teh side panels, but did get the elbow rests, seats, carpet, and baggage sides and carpet. I'm not sure if I'll install the baggage sides but we'll see. So far in just doing hangar flying, these seats are great.

<Per Request, inserting pic of CAD seats>

IMG_0231.jpg

7A leather CAD interior

I installed my leather CAD interior rather quickly, and it's actually not installed but rather "fitted" as I have not yet pulled the velcro sticky backs for the carpet or Riv nut the side contour inserts. One HUGE thing to consider with the side trim pieces are that the molding hits my thighs and the passengers thighs that WILL LIMIT your full control stick (left/right) movement. I haven't called to ask if there is another option, but the molding from the elbow rests toward the air vents will have your legs tighter on the stick than without. The product is quality, looks finished and is warmer and more quiet than without.
Kenny Gene
RV 7A 118 hours-AWC 9-5-07

Mel,
The set that you wieghed for the 7A, was it made out of leather? Mine is not. I wieghed my full set less floor covering and if I remember it wieghed around 15 pounds.
55 pounds is a lot of extra wieght and if mine is that heavy I'll remove some of the side panels to reduce the overall wieght.

RV-9A O-320 CS prop steam guages two axes auto pilot :). wieght 1140 pounds:mad:

classic aero interior RV7

After I weighed my RV7a, I removed the leather classic interior and it weighed 48 pounds without the carpet. With the interior my RV7a with IO360 and full panel weighed 1154 pounds, including the baggage side walls and back walls. I should add I am very pleased with the classic interior, and the RV7a.

Last edited:
Although I haven't weighed mine I don't think my full set weighs much over 25lbs. My 7 with IO 360, Hartzell and the CA interior comes in at 1090. I am a big guy and I don't find a problem with the side panels intruding. I can get plenty of stick deflection to the left. You almost never have the need for deflection to the stops. Don

5 stars

The CAD customer service, especially after the sale, is excellent. Anna and Luke are great to work with.

Steve

I just installed the complete package, and the shipping weight was under 30 pounds. That included the complete Aviator package (seats, side panels, luggage panels, top rear bulkhead panel, front and rear carpets) except I substituted with the Sportsman seat backs. The Aviator seat backs are heavier and more expensive, something to the tune of $900, but you will have to check with Classic on that as the prices have changed. It was in leather. While the Sportsman seat back is lighter, it requires you to use the Van's seat back frame. I was told by Classic that by going with this combination I saved weigh and money and didn't sacrifice much on comfort, only a bit on looks. YMMV. Was it worth the price? You betcha! Excellent product and I couldn't be happier.

Bob Kelly

26 posts

Nobody said anything that was not complimentary.

It looks like when I get to that point, I won't have to look far for an interior.

I got my interior today and it is awesome! Very, very nice stuff. I decided it would be better to buy it now, than sit on phone books for seats after I go broke on the big ticket items.

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior3.jpg

interior4.jpg

interior5.jpg

I got my interior today and it is awesome! Very, very nice stuff. I decided it would be better to buy it now, than sit on phone books for seats after I go broke on the big ticket items.

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior3.jpg

interior4.jpg

interior5.jpg

Looks GREAT..!!:D
Now one wonders if your going to match the paint job with the seats..?????:confused:

Regards,
Brett

Back