What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrak Customer Service Kudos

4kilo

Well Known Member
When I started flying my RV-8, I needed a transponder check. So when the tech showed up to check the transponder, I also had him do an IFR pitot-static check. The pitot-static check failed miserably. After over an hour of troubleshooting, we tracked the problem down to my TruTrak ADI pilot II. In the process of trying to tighten the fittings on the TruTrak, I cracked the intrument case (insert choice words here).

TruTrak advised me to send the instrument in so they could repair it - new case estimated at $100. I sent it in and flew the first 10 hours of my test program with a gaping hole where the TruTrak belongs (but no pitot-static leaks). After a week, I called TruTrak to make sure that they had received the autopilot. They told me that it had already shipped back to me! I got it two days later, complete with an invoice which simply stated "Customer reported problem confirmed, no charge."

Today we tried another pitot-static check, and the airplane passed with no problems. Although I haven't had a chance to fire it up in flight yet, everything tests great on the ground, so I don't anticipate any further problems.

Pat

P.S. If you need a pitot-static or transponder check in the DFW area, I highly reccomend Paul Gardner. PM me for contact info.

Me, too

I had a problem with my original ADI and also had a very good experience with their repair service. Then, when I was ready to upgrade to the autopilot Pilot II, I got a very nice deal using the original ADI as a full-price credit trade-in. That ability to upgrade without losing the value of the instrument is really a nice program.

This is pretty much the same as my experiance with the folks at trutrak. They replace the control head of my auto pilot even though it was well past warrantee. I'd buy another unit from them in a heartbeat.

The best service I have ever received.

Cross-wired the autopilot and damaged the controller.

Swapped out at N/C.

I have subsequently referred them and have 4 friends to date who have ordered their A/Ps.

They are the best. I screwed up my mounting bracket for ALt hold (don't ask). Called to order another because it was my fault. They just sent me a new one. I would recommend them highly. Their products work very well also!
John Adams

need address

can anyone post their complete shipping address here for me-- need to send back my controller and I don't see their website here. THX

thx. i clicked on link for contact us and no address. webtv server won't bring up homepage so i'm out of luck.

need to hit the road; 8 mins behind schedule. maybe there's an addy on the controller or i'll wait until tomorrow to ship.

i need a real computer.

TrutrakHeader.jpg

thanks guys.

and it occured to me as I was informed that the insurance alone for a faulty controller that lasted four mos and 100hrs. was $28- that I would prefer a GREAT product with lousy customer service.

but that's just me.

Great Service

I pulled my Digiflight II VSG for updates. Also some of the lettering was slightly fragmented. I got a RMA and sent it in. After about 5 business days I called to see what the status was. (last Friday). They said it was in service and she had no further at the time. I was advised to call back Tuesday (Monday was a Holiday). I called on Tuesday and she told me it was shipped out on Friday and due for delivery. About 30 minutes later, Fedex Ground arrived with my autopilot. No charge!!!

My AP is just over 2 years old. I expected some charge for the services. Further, at a minimum, I expected to pay for the shipping.

This is a fabulous company for a couple of reasons.

1) A human answers the phone!!!
2) Service is prompt
3) Value to Dollar is unequaled
4) Cost for service is usually nothing

I have a TruTrak in my next plane if I build again.

Hi
We are in the middle of a panel rebuild and have been greatly inspired by many of the achievments posted on these pages....we are looking at the Tru Trak Digiflight IIVSGV connected to a G430.......anyone had any experience of this yet?
Comments appreciated

Perfect combo

Hi
We are in the middle of a panel rebuild and have been greatly inspired by many of the achievments posted on these pages....we are looking at the Tru Trak Digiflight IIVSGV connected to a G430.......anyone had any experience of this yet?
Comments appreciated

I have this same combination. Don't think I'd do much different. Now, depending on your environment, consider adding a 330S transponder for traffic display on the 430. I live and operate under the Class B in Phx. I cannot imagine flying without the traffic in our "Training Rich" area.

Hi
Comments appreciated

The thing to remember with that combo is that the autopilot will not couple to the VOR or ILS, so you are on your own once you hit the FAF unless actually shooting a GPS approach.

The GNS 480, on the other hand, converts the NAV signals to NMEA. They have announced discontinuance of this line, so some good deals may be available soon.

Back