What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Berringer Nose Tire Pressure

BlackhawkSP

Well Known Member
Well guys, I wanted to blow a lot of money a few months back, so I purchased the Berringer nose tire for my 10. I got it the other day. Out of the box the pressure was 60 PSI. Should I run a different pressure in the tubeless tire on this set up, or go with the pressure listed on the drawings (40 PSI)??

Attachments

• IMG_3555.jpg
    IMG_3555.jpg
    351.1 KB · Views: 94
Well guys, I wanted to blow a lot of money a few months back, so I purchased the Berringer nose tire for my 10. I got it the other day. Out of the box the pressure was 60 PSI. Should I run a different pressure in the tubeless tire on this set up, or go with the pressure listed on the drawings (40 PSI)??

The range is fairly gracious (IIRC it's like 15psi to 85psi -- fact check this) so it's up to you.

45psi seems to be the sweet spot for the RV-14A.

At 55psi, at least on the 14A, it can get bouncy.

The 10 is heavier up front so perhaps start at 50 and see how it goes. I'm sure some 10 guys will chime in.

Also, again from the 14A, the nosewheel pant had to be modified to accommodate the extra tire height.

Last edited:
PSI

I fly my -10 with 54 psi on the Beringer nose wheel and it seems to do fine. Might be a bit on the stiffer side but as long as I land her on the mains, it's not an issue.

I fill to 50 on my 14 and it looks low at about 35 so that’s my range. It’s usually 45-50 because I air up every few weeks need it or not. I have similar tires on the mains same story.

Back