What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Registration Letters

Chopkins

Evening All

I have e-mailed the Parts Dept at the Factory but to no avail. Well I did get a reply but it was not much use.

My RV12 is at the Paintshop awaiting its new paintjob. I really like the font and size of the Reg letters on the factory built aircraft eg 'N237VA', 'N238VA' etc.

Can anyone tell me the font type of these letters please. I'd also like to know how tall the letters are so I can get an idea of scaling.

One last question, I want to put an RV12 logo on the Vetical Stabiliser. I assume that the one that is on 'N237VA' etc is the logo from the parts page on the factory website eg 12" long:-

- Decal "12" White 12" Part Number = PLA-00014

Thanks in anticipation.

Anthony
G-RVTW
England

Reg Font etc

If, like many others, you elect not to go with the CAA's required font and size, remember the slope of the examples you quote are different on each side of the plane ;-)

Hi

Thanks. I've read CAP523 several times and it seems easy to keep legal, namely a Roman font (distinct from Cyrillic or Arabic) with font height on fuselage side of 30cm or greater.

Good call about the slope of the font on either side of the airframe. I'm going to have a closer look at this.

Regards

Anthony

If, like many others, you elect not to go with the CAA's required font and size, remember the slope of the examples you quote are different on each side of the plane ;-)

Back