What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us your photo's on final.............

After experiencing a few of my landings, he insisted on facing the other way.

MMV.jpg

McMinnville, OR

GNG.jpg

Gooding, ID

JAC.jpg

Jackson Hole, WY

TMK.jpg

Tillamook, OR

Wow, unfortunately, i can't find one of my own home field. This is the best i could find for now.

KHAF in the upper left corner
IMG_7432.JPG

Same but just a little closer. The radar dome (aka the golf ball) is owned by Vandenberg AFB for rocket telemetry when they fire off rockets from down south.
20130420_145733.jpg

I did stumble across a couple other goodies.

San Simeon. If someone can pull some strings, i would love to land here! :D
IMG_0354.JPG

88NV from 2012
IMG_8211.JPG

Last edited:
what a great thread!

vlad, yes i must agree, sure is picking some steam in a short time. it is definitely when the 'rubber meets the road'. kind of like docking the boat. :D

img0798bp.jpg

short final too......oooops.

What a great thread, indeed.

Makes me think about switching to a float plane, Ed. Are we to try to figure out where that pic was made?
Vlad, I am so jealous, flying the NY VFR corridor has been on my bucket list for many years, ever since the first time I looked at a New York Sectional chart, and I see you just set aside an hour and did it. One of my sons and his family live a little north of you, near I-80, next time I am up there I will try to talk you into a ride up the river if I don't have my airplane with me.

Makes me think about switching to a float plane, Ed. Are we to try to figure out where that pic was made?
Vlad, I am so jealous, flying the NY VFR corridor has been on my bucket list for many years, ever since the first time I looked at a New York Sectional chart, and I see you just set aside an hour and did it. One of my sons and his family live a little north of you, near I-80, next time I am up there I will try to talk you into a ride up the river if I don't have my airplane with me.

Any time Sam. Today there was insane amount of traffic over the Hudson I've never seen that many choppers back to back. I couldn't even do my regular "around the Statue" loop :)

Not far

If you mean Columbus as in Christopher Columbus said:
It is on the west side of the island, about 3.5 miles south of the airport. I haven't been there, that's according to Google Earth, but it's on my bucket list, along with the Hudson River VFR corridor. I gotta start riveting faster.

Guess where.[ /QUOTE]

That's 28 right in pit :D

Of course! It's a shame that Pittsburgh International is so slow these days, but the benefit is you can get all the ILS practice approaches you want. Most of the time it is "keep your speed up" because there's usually some sort of airliner behind you, except maybe early on Saturday mornings.

Thanks for thread resurrection Turbo. I got a couple of fresh-n-cool finals. :)

Falwell, VA

Sled track on Mooselookmeguntic Lake, ME

Alvord Desert, OR

Atlantic coast, USA

Back