What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IK Technology IK 2000 Engine Monitor

Redbud40

Well Known Member
I have this unit installed on my panel. ( 2nd Owner) Trying to get a few more hours out of it till a possible panel upgrade. Does anyone have any working knowledge past or present of this unit. I need to change the basic settings i.e. RPM settings for pmag. Trying to access a main screen for settings etc. with no luck. Not much info on the web. It would be similar to access a start up menu or similar on initial installation for engine selection and other variables. Thanks for any help.
Mike

I installed one of those in 2006 during my build. It still works great but I don't think the settings are user accessible. Early on I had to have the fuel increments changed and had to send it back to IK to have the processor reprogrammed. I don't think they are in business anymore. The owners name was Rich Krongeld (sp?). I have more info at the hangar, but it is dated.

Any info from hangar would be great. Install manual?? I have the operating manual but no install info. I need to somehow change or (trick) signal for the new pmag. RPM value now with two pmags is reading double on the IK. Idle on ground @ 700 is reading @ 1400. Cruise power @ 2100 reading 4200.

I have one one of these but do not have a config manual. It's a good monitor for everything except rpm. It reads 50 rpm low at 70F and 100 rpm low at 10F. EDIT: I have slick mags and hall effect sensor. I use an optical sensor on the dash. Not pretty but it's accurate. Only works in the daytime. http://www.proptach.com/

Last edited:
Any info from hangar would be great. Install manual?? I have the operating manual but no install info. I need to somehow change or (trick) signal for the new pmag. RPM value now with two pmags is reading double on the IK. Idle on ground @ 700 is reading @ 1400. Cruise power @ 2100 reading 4200.

Find a local electronics guru. A divide by two digital circuit on the mag input pulses would probably be an easy, effective solution.

My info from the hangar will probably not be too helpful since it is basic install and pinout data. Mine is an AIM-2 and not a 2000 like I thought earlier. However, I did find some contact info for when I had to have the processor reprogrammed.

Nu-Tron
911 Primrose Ave Unit P
Monrovia, CA 91016
Harry - 626-358-0228

This is the company that handled IK tech issues. Info is dated (over 10 years). I can send you a PDF of what I have just PM me an address.

Back