What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DAR Inspection Complete!

Frankster13

Inspection is complete and received Airworthiness Certificate my for my RV-14A in LVK. Now entering my 40 hrs of test flights. If anyone has questions on the process feel free to reach out.

Last edited:
Congrats!

Question: Did you had to use the new AWC FAA portal? If yes, did you have any step by step on filling those pages?

Thank you and congratulations. Hope I can get there soon...

Inspection is complete and received Airworthiness Certificate my for my RV-14A in LVK. Now entering my 40 hrs of test flights. If anyone has questions on the process feel free to reach out.

Congrats! Welcome to the NorCal skies.

My DAR inspector took care of all the paperwork. I just provided him with hard copy and he uploaded it. I guess that's what you get for the $550 inspection charge.

My DAR inspector took care of all the paperwork. I just provided him with hard copy and he uploaded it. I guess that's what you get for the $550 inspection charge.

Less expensive in California... that's for sure. Around the East Coast is more than that. :eek:

DAR FOR NORTHWEST AREA

I am a DAR for Oregon; Washington; Idaho; Nevada and Northern California. I charge $395 plus travel. The new AWC website is still having growing pains, I request all potential clients send me their documents first before they upload, errors in the documentation will only slow the process down. The way it works is when the documents are uploaded into AWC correctly, the "FAA Airworthiness Front Line Manager" for the DAR requested is notified, and if the documents are error free, then the project is sent to the DAR's primary Aviation Safety Inspector, and when he or she gets around to it, they will also review, and then assign to the DAR for inspection. By being able to review the documents first, and then calling the ASI by phone and giving them a "heads up" that the project is forthcoming, I can usually receive delegation in a couple of days. Every MIDO and FSDO is a little different on how they handle it, so don't shoot the messenger!

Regards,

Gary Brown I respond only to :
[email protected]

Back