What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Canopy strut fitting

Dgamble

Well Known Member
For the first time in years one of the plastic ends of a canopy strut broke. I'm not keen on buying the $48 Steel Gas Strut Replacement Kit
12 CANOPY GAS STRUT KIT to replace just the broken plastic part - does anyone know how to get just that part? Or failing that, just a single strut?

Edit - looks like the fitting is permanently attached. Oh well, could be worse.

Last edited:
Spare

For the first time in years one of the plastic ends of a canopy strut broke. I'm not keen on buying the $48 Steel Gas Strut Replacement Kit
12 CANOPY GAS STRUT KIT to replace just the broken plastic part - does anyone know how to get just that part? Or failing that, just a single strut?

Edit - looks like the fitting is permanently attached. Oh well, could be worse.

Dave, I be glad to send the ones I removed to upgrade. I have to say though, the steel ends provide piece of mind. Let me know. Freight might be less than Hans 😄

Gee, Dave, I thought I was cheap!😝. Given the past history of pops destroying canopies I?d invest in the new steel rod end springs. I did and sleep well at night.

Rich

Gee, Dave, I thought I was cheap!��. Given the past history of pops destroying canopies I?d invest in the new steel rod end springs. I did and sleep well at night.

Rich
That sounds interesting - where can I find them? I don't keep up with the latest news like I used to.

PS - Not so much "cheap" as "wow, I'm starting to hate the words 'fixed' and 'income' in close proximity" :eek:

Last edited:
Here is the replacement strut kit on Van's site:

Steel Gas Strut Replacement Kit
12 CANOPY GAS STRUT KIT
$48.00

Here is the replacement strut kit on Van's site:

Steel Gas Strut Replacement Kit
12 CANOPY GAS STRUT KIT
$48.00
Thanks, ordered and on the way. I did notice a change in part number - it now as a "-1" designation whereas my original did not. I hope that doesn't matter as far as applicability goes.

Back