What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Superior sump and throttle bracket

Foghorn

Well Known Member
How are you folks attaching the throttle to the superior sump? Are you making you’re own? I have the SDS throttle body with a vertical lever to attach the cable. Show Planes makes a nice bracket but my vans cable is just a little short. The SP bracket is more for the ACS cables. I’m wondering what others have done.

Last edited:
nice bracket

I bought one of the brackets from Showplanes.

https://www.showplanes.com/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=TMC-04S

Not installed yet, but it looks clean and they were super helpful.
Looks great - I rolled my own, but this showplanes bracket looks really nice.

TMC-04S%20installed.jpg

Very nice indeed

I also fabricated my own. Looks not as good as the showplanes solution but it is pretty much the same idea.
Aluminum triangle with numerous lightening holes, attached with 4 (saftey wired) bolts in the fwd intake tube/manifold.
I riveted some aluminum angle to it where i attach the cables to.

The price for the showplanes bracket is allright.
I would probably have ordered one of those if they would have been available when i needed it.

Looked at a few options and ended up fabricating one to fit, it's not that difficult.

I used a combination of the Van's bracket and a custom plate like Jason's for the throttle. I would suggest completing your exhaust installation, because my cross-over pipes get very close to the cable, and I had to use stand-off heat shields plus slip fire-sleeve over the throttle cable for protection.

I used the showplanes bracket, but had it modified slightly for cable adjuster clearance; some judicious bends put in with a sheet metal brake did the trick.

Part of the problem I ran into with the SDS throttle body on my install is that the lever needs a vertical movement from the control cable not a horizontal one like most other carbs and fuel servos. I attempted to move where the lever is set to a zero but with the SDS design it can't be moved. I'm thinking about making a bracket to bolt to the lever side that will transition the motion to a more horizontal forward and back motion but it might make for a long bracket.

Still working on it ...

Back