What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Longeron Block

coffeeguy

Well Known Member
I'm not a woodworker and don't have the tools. I need to create the longeron blocks that are used for putting the 10 degree twist in. Before I buy a router and a 3/13" round over bit I thought I would ask what everyone else did. I guess it would be possible to sand it to fit, but that seems like it would be sloppy and not real quick. I've got a table top bandsaw that makes rough cuts, but the blade moves too much for real straight lines. Also have a 1" table top sander. Anyone find the easy button for this?

I used a bandsaw to rough cut the blocks and a 1” belt sander to finish fit them..... took about 10 minutes. They don’t need to be perfect. The actual task of twisting the longeron was much easier than I expected and also took about 10 minutes. Don’t over-think it.

I used a bandsaw to rough cut the blocks and a 1” belt sander to finish fit them..... took about 10 minutes. They don’t need to be perfect. The actual task of twisting the longeron was much easier than I expected and also took about 10 minutes. Don’t over-think it.

Thanks, I was thinking too much. I'll just go with the bandsaw and sander.

Back